Combo Box Value List

Hi,

If I have input cells for five people:

person 1 = John
person 2 = (empty)
person 3 = Mary
person 4 = (empty)
person 5 = Steve

What do I do to consolidate the list elsewhere in the
sheet (eliminating the empty cells) so that I can use the
condensed list as the possible variable for a combo box?

John
Mary
Steve

In addition, the input fields are constantly changing and
the scenario is different each time.

Thanks for you suggestions,
Todd

M. lane

Combo Box Value List

Click the location where you want the combobox to be consolidated to, click
data, validation and on the settings tab, in the allow box, choose "list",
place the cursor in the "source" box and then highlight all cells to be a
part of your consolidated list. Make sure the Ignore blank box is checked
and the In cell dropdown is checked as well. That will give you a combobox
which is user updateable.