-   -   .xll is not a valid addin (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276964-xll-not-valid-addin.html)

ori

.xll is not a valid addin

I have developed an add-in for Excel, as a
standalone .XLL
file.
I ran the addin in Excel2000 and 2002 under windows 2000
and it's working fine.
we i install it on windows XP running Excel 2000 SR-1 and
Excel 2002
I get a dialogue box
complaining that "My.xll is not a valid addin".

The xll exports the following functions:

xlAutoOpen
xlAutoClose
xlAutoRegister
xlAutoAdd
xlAutoRemove
xlAutoFree
xlAddInManagerInfo
and then about 10 user functions...

Can anyone shed light on why, upon startup, the .xll is
not recognized as an add in, and what defines an Addin as
vaid

Ori

Rob Bovey

.xll is not a valid addin

Hi Ori,

Did you recompile the XLL, or is this exactly the same file that runs
properly under Windows 2000?

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

[...]