-   -   *** Password input? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276926-%2A%2A%2A-password-input.html)

Michel[_3_]

*** Password input?

I like to use InputBox asking a password, but how can I hide the
typing with for instance ****

Maybe there is an easy way to have a name/pass/log/add user to excel
sheets, but at this moment I use a vbVeryHidden sheet where I have the
names and passes. When a new user types in his name/pass there is an
acceptation code asked that only I know and that changes with the
date. After the correct code the user is added to that hidden sheet.

Harald Staff[_4_]

*** Password input?

Use a Userform instead of an inputbox. Its Textbox has a password character property that
you can set to *.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Michel" wrote in message
om...
I like to use InputBox asking a password, but how can I hide the
typing with for instance ****

Maybe there is an easy way to have a name/pass/log/add user to excel
sheets, but at this moment I use a vbVeryHidden sheet where I have the
names and passes. When a new user types in his name/pass there is an
acceptation code asked that only I know and that changes with the
date. After the correct code the user is added to that hidden sheet.

Alain CROS.

*** Password input?

Hi.

Try that.