-   -   Enter data into a cell and dynamically update another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276907-re-enter-data-into-cell-dynamically-update-another-cell.html)

Tom Ogilvy

Enter data into a cell and dynamically update another cell

What version of Excel are you using?

Tom Ogilvy

Darcy wrote in message
I've got data validation turned on for cell that has
a 'list' attached to it. Once I select something from the
list in the cell, I want to automatically update the cell
next to it with a description.

The one cell that has the list in it is an account number,
and I want the account description to show up
automatically right after you hit enter. I don't want to
do it with a formula though.

I've tried using the Worksheet_selectionchange and the
Worksheet_change but haven't had any luck.

Please help me out. Thanks in advance