-   -   problem with wkbk.VBProject.VBComponent (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276772-problem-wkbk-vbproject-vbcomponent.html)

Rich[_14_]

problem with wkbk.VBProject.VBComponent

Hello,

I am trying to remove code Modules from an Excel97
workbook from an Access97 mdb on a win2k workstation. I
made the reference to vbeext1.olb (vba Extensibility) so
that I could get the vbcomponents in early (or is that
late) binding. I have the same setup on a win2k Server
computer with Office97 (yeah, I know, I should be on
Office2k), and I can remove the code modules from Excel97
workbooks no problem on the server. But on the
workstation with the exact same subroutine same workbook,
I get the error message that

"Class doesn't support Automation"

But it works OK from within the Excel VB IDE. Would
anyone know what library file (dll, olb) I might be
missing on the workstation that I obviously have on the
server? Other than this, Office97 works fine on the win2k
workstation. I copied the contents from

Program Files\Common\Microsoft Share\VBA

folder on the server to the workstation. But that did not
fix the problem. I am missing another file. Any
suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich