-   -   Multiple If's, one variable. And filename as cell contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276653-re-multiple-ifs-one-variable-filename-cell-contents.html)

hugh jass

Multiple If's, one variable. And filename as cell contents

You could try a "lookup" table with the array lookup function. Have a look
at Help.
Basically, this would allow you to centralize your input possibilities and
the response they each generate.
For example...
Q: How many miles did you run?
A: 13
=LOOKUP("13",{"2","5","13","200";"short distance", "average jog", "half
marathon", "ultra marathon"})
Msg: "This is considered a half marathon."
--
______________________
"peace - it's worth killing for"

"Darrin Henry" wrote in message
: Hello,
: I have a few questions that are currently stumping me.
:
: 1) I have an input box. What the user puts in is declared as a variable.
: Based on what they put in I want to return a msgbox. The problem is
: there are 50 possible valid entries the user can input. Will multiple IF
: statements work? Or another way?
:
: 2) I also I am trying to create a command button, that will save the
: workbook, however, the filename is going to be the contents of a cell.
: This is what I have now:
:
: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
:
: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\"
: Worksheets("sheet1").Range("f9:g9").Value ".xls"
: End Sub
:
: Any idea what is wrong? I get a runtime error 1004, on it. Thanks.
:
: *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
: Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!