-   -   Cell = cell value AND format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276624-re-cell-%3D-cell-value-format.html)

steve

Cell = cell value AND format

Carrie,

Why not use copy/paste

ActiveCell.Offset(0, -5).Range("A1").Copy _
Destination:= ActiveCell

you could eliminate the activate with
c.Offset(0, -5).Copy _
Destination:= c
--
sb
"Carrie" wrote in message
I would like to set a cell's value AND format based on
another cell's value & format.

The following code works fine to insert the appropriate
supplier name for each row. The problem is the supplier
list is color coded to designate territory - I want this
macro to insert the supplier name as it is formatted in
the Supplier list.

For Each c In Range("Number")
For Each b In Range("Supplier")
If c.Value = b.Value Then
c.Activate
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -5).Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.Value = b.Offset(0, -1).Value
End If
Next b
Next c

THANK YOU!