-   -   Breaking link to another sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276250-breaking-link-another-sheet.html)

Ian Coates

Breaking link to another sheet

I have a spreadsheet emailed to me on a fairly regular basis. I need to
change the layout of this and have written another sheet which points to the
relevant cells and inserts the data into my sheet. This is fine until I open
the sheet again, when I'm prompted to renew the links.

Can I somehow read the data from the emailed spreadshhet once, then break
the link so that th new sheet is standalone?

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Breaking link to another sheet

You may want to live without updating the links--especially if you send it back
and they expect the links to still work.

But if you can break the links by finding them and then converting to values
(copy|Paste special|Values).

In fact, xl2002 has an option under Edit|Links to help do this.

Or you can use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones.

Findlink.zip from
http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp

--

Dave Peterson