-   -   Need VB script for telnet application (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276194-need-vbulletin-script-telnet-application.html)

John M. Lembo

Need VB script for telnet application

I am trying to telnet into a Unix server from within an Excel application
using VBA. I can create a DOS batch file that calls telnet, but I can't get
any of the other commands to work such as logging on, password, Unix
commands, etc. I'm wondering if I can create a VB script to do this. Does
anyone have a potential solution?

John M. Lembo
Phone: (585) 594-1753
Fax: (585) 594-4028
Email:

Jeffrey Marcellus

Need VB script for telnet application

John, there is a function called SendKeys() that you can look into. You need
to know pids and such, which means shelling everything out of Excel. I've
never managed to get it working correctly, but that doesn't mean much...
There should be examples of it's use out there somewhere.
Jeff