-   -   Adding Cost Codes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276166-adding-cost-codes.html)

Wrenn

Adding Cost Codes

Help please! I need a macro. I have a cell with several
sets of numbers in it, i.e. 152, 143, 765, etc.

Each number is a cost code that corresponds to an amount
in another workbook. I need to add the corresponding
amounts.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

Adding Cost Codes

Look at the vlookup function in Excel help.

=Vlookup(a1,'[MyCostcodes.xls]Codes'!$A$1:$B$200,2,False)

Tom Ogilvy