-   -   Elapsed Time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276130-elapsed-time.html)

Random

Elapsed Time

Out of curiosity (mainly to experiment with different techniques),
what is the easiest way to guage elapsed time? The smaller the
increments, the better. I am attempting to see which code runs faster
on a few of my "learning workbooks".

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Random

Myrna Larson[_2_]

Elapsed Time

The precision of the built-in Timer function is (AIR) about 0.05 seconds -- probably not
adequate for a single iteration of a routine. Charles Williams has code for a microsecond timer
"class". I think the url is www.decisionmodels.com.

On 4 Sep 2003 19:04:28 -0500, Random <Random@nwhere wrote:

Out of curiosity (mainly to experiment with different techniques),
what is the easiest way to guage elapsed time? The smaller the
increments, the better. I am attempting to see which code runs faster
on a few of my "learning workbooks".

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Random

Tom Ogilvy

Elapsed Time

HOWTO: Use QueryPerformanceCounter to Time Code

actually provides several different approaches.

Tom Ogilvy

Random <Random@nwhere wrote in message
Out of curiosity (mainly to experiment with different techniques),
what is the easiest way to guage elapsed time? The smaller the
increments, the better. I am attempting to see which code runs faster
on a few of my "learning workbooks".

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Random

Random

Elapsed Time

Perfect. Thanks a lot.

Random

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 22:27:56 -0400, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

HOWTO: Use QueryPerformanceCounter to Time Code

actually provides several different approaches.

Tom Ogilvy

Elapsed Time

The class Myrna Refers to at Charles' site uses the QueryPerformancCounter
method - so if you want to see a sample implementation, that would be a
source.

It is at the bottom of his downloads page:
http://www.decisionmodels.com/downloads.htm