-   -   problems viewing excel over internet explorer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276126-problems-viewing-excel-over-internet-explorer.html)

michael lerch

problems viewing excel over internet explorer

I've been using the following lines of code:

Response.Buffer = TRUE

to return tabular data in MS Excel format in a .asp file.
It works fine except for two problems:

First, when output to Excel it won't allow Windows XP
users to save it to disk even though they can see it in
their browser. Windows 2000 users can accomplish this
with no problem.

Second, when someone interrupts the transfer, Excel 2002
is somehow keeping a read only copy somewhere that I can't
figure out how to delete, so I cant even open the file
anymore.

Anyone know how to fix these things?