-   -   FormatDate (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/276009-formatdate.html)

jb

FormatDate

There is a column in a spreadsheet with the dates likes this 20030630, I
need to have them 6/30/03. How can I get this output? I am not sure,
but I think they are in a text format.
I have another column with 16 digits and when I save it as a csv it
drops the far right digit and replaces it with a zero. How can this be
avoided? I am using Excel 2000.

Thanks

Chip Pearson

FormatDate

Use a formula like

=DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),RIGHT(A1,2))

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson