-   -   Asking to Select a Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275983-asking-select-range.html)

Irailson

Asking to Select a Range

Hi people,

I´m trying to do a macro that asks the user to select a range. , and
then get the address selected. How can I display the select-range box
inside the program?
Thanks for any help

Irailson

Ron de Bruin

Asking to Select a Range

Small example from Help

Sub test()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
Set mycell = Application.InputBox( _
prompt:="Select a cell", Type:=8)
mycell.Select

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Irailson" wrote in message om...
Hi people,

I´m trying to do a macro that asks the user to select a range. , and
then get the address selected. How can I display the select-range box
inside the program?
Thanks for any help

Irailson

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Asking to Select a Range

You can put up an application.inputbox and retrieve the range:

dim myRng as range
set myrng = nothing
on error resume next
set myrng = application.inputbox(prompt:="Point and click", type:=8)
on error goto 0
if myrng is nothing then
'use cancelled.
exit sub '???