Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Text returned as 0

Hi,

I've having various problems with my VBA functions, and
came to writing this test functoin to see what the .Text
property is set to:

Function GetText(IRange As Range) As Long
If (Not IsEmpty(cl)) Then
GetText = IRangeText
End If
End Function

(My column A is a list of numbers)
I called this function from the correct spreadsheet
with "A2" (without the speech marks) as the argument. The
visible contents of the cell is "761", but the function
returned "0". I cannot figure out why this is happening.
(I know the range is valid as well)

(Replacing .Text with .Value makes no difference).

Thanks in advance,
Chris