-   -   functions available on toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275961-re-functions-available-toolbar.html)

Tom Ogilvy

functions available on toolbar

Here are some articles on commandbars
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=159619
XL97: Sample Macros for Customizing Menus and Submenus

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=213550
XL2000: Sample Macros for Customizing Menus and Submenus

File Title: Customizing Menu Bars, Menus, and Menu Items in Microsoft(R)
Excel 97
File Name: WE1183.EXE
File Size: 58041 bytes
File Date: 06/20/97
Visual Basic(R) for Applications code to customize menus in Microsoft Excel
97. This Application Note contains code examples that you can use with the
following elements: menu bars, menus, menu items, submenus, and shortcut
menus.

It is unclear what your real quesiton is. If you want to put up a box that
allows the user to select a range:

Dim rng as Range
On Error Resume Next
set rng = Application.InputBox("Select Range", type:=8)
On Error goto 0
if rng is nothing then
msgbox "You hit cancel"
exit sub
End if
msgbox "Range selected is " & rng.Address(external:=true)

Tom Ogilvy

"chrissie frisbee" wrote in message
I have created a custom function and would like it to be
activated from a button on my toolbar. I have tried
recording a macro to run the function but this did not
work as the define range box was not presented.

Thank you very much