-   -   Enabling comments on a protected worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275923-enabling-comments-protected-worksheet.html)

S Phadke

Enabling comments on a protected worksheet

I have a protected worksheet, where I want the user to be
able to add comments on certain cells. Is it possible to
enable comments on a protected worksheet?

Sam

Ron de Bruin

Enabling comments on a protected worksheet

Posted By Norman Harker

In Excel 2002 you can use:

Tools Protection Protect Sheet
Put check against Edit Objects

That allows users to both insert comments and edit them.

In Excel 1997 and 2000 you can use:

Tools Protection Protect Sheet
Remove check from Objects

That allows users to both insert comments and edit them.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)