-   -   OR function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275767-function.html)

speechie

OR function

I am not a computer programmer but am familiar with excel, word and
mail merging. I am having trouble with one section of the excel
spreadsheet that would allow me to enter a numeric code that would
then put a phrase to then be poured into the merged document. for
instance, in a cell under column "diagnosis", i want to enter a
1,2,3, etc. that would be linked to terms such as articulation,
language, processing, etc.

i have been able to do this with the IF function but only for two
IF C2=1, "articulation". If C2 equals anything else, it will enter
nothing on the mail merge document (which is fine).

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but it sure would save me a
lot of time if i could use this spreadsheet entry (and the "form"
format even better) for some of my reports.

thanks in advance

Ron Rosenfeld

OR function

On 31 Aug 2003 17:06:57 -0700, (speechie) wrote:

I am not a computer programmer but am familiar with excel, word and
mail merging. I am having trouble with one section of the excel
spreadsheet that would allow me to enter a numeric code that would
then put a phrase to then be poured into the merged document. for
instance, in a cell under column "diagnosis", i want to enter a
1,2,3, etc. that would be linked to terms such as articulation,
language, processing, etc.

i have been able to do this with the IF function but only for two
IF C2=1, "articulation". If C2 equals anything else, it will enter
nothing on the mail merge document (which is fine).

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but it sure would save me a
lot of time if i could use this spreadsheet entry (and the "form"
format even better) for some of my reports.

thanks in advance

Look at the VLOOKUP function.

--ron

Tom Ogilvy

OR function

=Choose(C2,"articulation","language","processing", up to a total of 29)

or create a list in a column

=Index(sheet5!$A$1:$A$200,C2,1)

Tom Ogilvy

speechie wrote in message
om...
[...]

the OR function: thanks for all of the responses. they have been
very helpful. i tried the choose function and it worked great except
then i realized that i may want to be able to select several of the
choices. for example, a client may have an articulation disorder and
a processing disorder. any way to do this?

l d isaacs

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message ...
=Choose(C2,"articulation","language","processing", up to a total of 29)

or create a list in a column

=Index(sheet5!$A$1:$A$200,C2,1)

Tom Ogilvy

om...