-   -   Timein-Timeout (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275730-timein-timeout.html)

Jim Stewart

Timein-Timeout

I am making a time-in and timeout sheet. If an employee is over 7
minutes late, he gets docked 15 minutes, 22 minutes late = 30 minutes,
etc. In other words, 7 minutes past the quarter hours jumps to the next
quarter. How can I make this happen when the employee clicks a button
that returns the time(Computer Time).
And is this possible using VBA code.
Thanks for any replies.
Jim

Jim Stewart[_2_]

Timein-Timeout

Harald,
Thanks so much for the reply. I am going to try your formula as it is
not for computer log on, it is on a standalone that is used 24-7 and in
Excel 98% of the time. If you have any other ideas,
i would love to hear them
Thanks again.
Jim

Harald Staff[_5_]

Timein-Timeout

Hi Jim

It's not a formula as is, but a macro. The math is however general.

Have a look at
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm
for samples and further ideas on timesheets.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

"Jim Stewart" skrev i melding