-   -   Filling multiple cells based on 1 combo box selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275689-filling-multiple-cells-based-1-combo-box-selection.html)

Serrena Carter

Filling multiple cells based on 1 combo box selection

I've created a combo box with 4 columns,

Column 1 is the only visible colum on the drop down list.
I have bound column 2 to cell A2 on my worksheet.

Is it possible to bind the remaining 2 columns to separate
cells in the worksheet. For example I would like to have
colum 2 bound to A2, column 3 bound to B2, Column 4 bound
to cell C2.

Tom Ogilvy

Filling multiple cells based on 1 combo box selection

No, the boundcolumn determines the value of the combobox - thus only one
boundcolumn is possible.

You would need code to populate the other cells (or all cells). Use the
Click event as an example.

Another possibility is to use Vlookup to fill in the other cells (if your
source data is on the worksheet someplace).

Tom Ogilvy