-   -   Sending Print command in a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275623-sending-print-command-macro.html)

janet

Sending Print command in a macro

I asked this yesterday and didn't get a response so I'm
hoping someone can help me.

I want to set up a macro that will send a print command
that will select the manual feed for the paper source
(under properties of the print command).

I can't seem to find how to set this property. Is it
possible?

Don Guillett[_4_]

Sending Print command in a macro

Haven't tried this but I think you may have to set up printer2 with this
default and then print to that printer.

"janet" wrote in message
I asked this yesterday and didn't get a response so I'm
hoping someone can help me.

I want to set up a macro that will send a print command
that will select the manual feed for the paper source
(under properties of the print command).

I can't seem to find how to set this property. Is it
possible?

Tom Ogilvy

Sending Print command in a macro

This setting is not directly supported in VBA. Don's suggestion of setting
up a second printer definition with this setting is the easiest approach if
this is just for your machine.

If you are distributing this as an application, you have to use the windows
API to do it, I believe. (or use sendkeys <shudder)

although this article is about Access and takes advantage of some richer
features in Access, it give a good overview of doing things like this with
the API:

http://www.microsoft.com/accessdev/a...0.htm?&gssnb=1

Tom Ogilvy