-   -   Find finds nothing, and errors (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275207-find-finds-nothing-errors.html)

Chris M.[_3_]

Find finds nothing, and errors

I have a Selection.find function that errors out if it
does not find the value. I'd like to make it skip this
section if it does not find anything. Here's my code:

Private Sub Findtotal()
Dim Cell As Range, LastCell As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Find(What:="Fees", After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False).Activate
Range(ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0), ActiveCell.Offset(1,
0).End(xlDown)).Select
For Each Cell In Selection
If Not IsEmpty(Cell) Then Cell = Cell & " FEES"
Next

I'm not exactly sure how to make it work correctly wether
or not it finds anything. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom Ogilvy

Find finds nothing, and errors

you get an error if nothing is found because of the activate on the end of
the find command - you can't activate Nothing.

Private Sub Findtotal()
Dim rng as Range
Dim Cell As Range, LastCell As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Columns("A:A").Select
set rng = Selection.Find(What:="Fees", After:=ActiveCell, _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
if not rng is nothing then
rng.Select
Range(ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0), _
ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).End(xlDown)).Select
For Each Cell In Selection
If Not IsEmpty(Cell) Then Cell = Cell & " FEES"
Next
end if

Tom Ogilvy