-   -   Opening Multiple Workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275206-opening-multiple-workbooks.html)

MISMitch

Opening Multiple Workbooks

I am new to VBA.
I am trying to open Multiple Workbooks that reside on a networked server.
The first book opens and my macro stops.
I do not have a problem when opening multiple books on my local C drive.

My code looks like below:

ChDir "Q:\MIS\ICSS\ICSSreports"
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"Q:\MIS\ICSS\ICSSreports\CSCMthly.xls"
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"Q:\MIS\ICSS\ICSSreports\CSCMnthly1.xls"

Any suggestions for problem isolation would be appreciated.
Mitch

John Wilson

Opening Multiple Workbooks

Mitch,

The ChDir as you have it coded will not change the default drive.
If you're running this from the C: drive on your pc, it's quite possible
that you have a file named CSCMthly.xls on that drive but you don't
have CSCMthly1.xls

Anyway, to change the drive, use the following:
ChDrive = "Q"

John