-   -   Easy question: macro to move cursor one to the right (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275143-easy-question-macro-move-cursor-one-right.html)

Sean Sydor

Easy question: macro to move cursor one to the right

Hi:
I have a macro that creates a new line in my spreadsheet
and automatically calculates the input number in Row A.
What I require to finish this macro is the code that will
tell the macro to "tab" over one cell. I have tried a few
ways but have been unsuccessful. Please help.
Here is my code so far:
Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1, 1).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C+1"

Thank you,
Sean

Paul B[_6_]

Easy question: macro to move cursor one to the right

Sean, try this Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1, 1).Offset(0,
1).Select

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Sean Sydor" wrote in message
Hi:
I have a macro that creates a new line in my spreadsheet
and automatically calculates the input number in Row A.
What I require to finish this macro is the code that will
tell the macro to "tab" over one cell. I have tried a few
ways but have been unsuccessful. Please help.
Here is my code so far:
Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1, 1).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C+1"

Thank you,
Sean

Tom Ogilvy

Easy question: macro to move cursor one to the right

do you want to move to the right after you enter the formula
Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1, 1).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C+1"

ActiveCell.offset(0,1).Select

--
regards,