-   -   Date update on data update (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275069-date-update-data-update.html)

Chris Thompson

Date update on data update

Hopefully, a relatively simple one to answer.

I have a worksheet where column D contains names (selected from a
combo box). I want the cell next to the name (ie column E same row)
to be updated with the current date only when the name is changed.
ie. If the name in D3 is changed the value in E3 becomes todays date.
I only want this though if the information in D3 is changed (ie I do
not want E3 altered if the name picked from the combobox is the same
as the one already in D3 - the names in the combobox are unique by the
way).

If somebody could advise with some code I would be very grateful.

Chris Thompson.

steve

Date update on data update

Chris,

Here is a worksheet change event code. It goes into the worksheet module
(not a standard module)

If Target.Column = 4 Then
Cells(Target.Row, 5) = Date

You can restrict the rows by using
If Target.Row 2 Then
*above code*
End if

--
sb
"Chris Thompson" wrote in message
om...
Hopefully, a relatively simple one to answer.

I have a worksheet where column D contains names (selected from a
combo box). I want the cell next to the name (ie column E same row)
to be updated with the current date only when the name is changed.
ie. If the name in D3 is changed the value in E3 becomes todays date.
I only want this though if the information in D3 is changed (ie I do
not want E3 altered if the name picked from the combobox is the same
as the one already in D3 - the names in the combobox are unique by the
way).

If somebody could advise with some code I would be very grateful.

Chris Thompson.

Rocky McKinley

Date update on data update

Hi Chris,
You can try the code below by right clicking on the worksheet name and
selecting "View Code" and pasting the following routine in. You can change
the Range to just D3 if that's all you need otherwise the code will work
from D3 to D100.

If Not Intersect(Range("D3:D100"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Cells(Target.Row, 5).Value = Date

Regards, Rocky McKinley

"Chris Thompson" wrote in message
om...
Hopefully, a relatively simple one to answer.

I have a worksheet where column D contains names (selected from a
combo box). I want the cell next to the name (ie column E same row)
to be updated with the current date only when the name is changed.
ie. If the name in D3 is changed the value in E3 becomes todays date.
I only want this though if the information in D3 is changed (ie I do
not want E3 altered if the name picked from the combobox is the same
as the one already in D3 - the names in the combobox are unique by the
way).

If somebody could advise with some code I would be very grateful.

Chris Thompson.

Jean-Paul Viel

Date update on data update

If Target.Column = "4" Then