-   -   HOWTO Replace from Row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275043-re-howto-replace-row.html)

SolaSig AB

HOWTO Replace from Row

Thanks for idea,
but I didn't actually understand how to start routine in Excel
as function process. Or this will be possible only with VBA?

For example how I do NEXT function?

Thanks again,
On-Line

something like - untested

for each c in selection
if c=c.offset(,1)then c=c.offset(,2)
next

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
something like - untested

for each c in selection
if c=c.offset(,1)then c=c.offset(,2)
next

"SolaSig AB" wrote in message
Hi All!

Here is some Help asked, since I'm not familiar with Excel programming,

can't find an Answer for my problem.

Here is the Problem:

I need to replace come words in 1st.Cell with words from another

3rd.Cell
if
Content of the 1.st.Cell and the 2nd.Cells matches.

Main problem is the Volume 25.000 Strings ? 15 Rows.

As I understand the algorithm for this operation it may look like this:

Get Ai Value

Get Bj Value

Compare Ai and Bj values for equality

If true then get Cj Value and put to Ai Value; Next Ai (Ai++)

If false then get next Bj (Bj++)

Example:

Before replacement

A B C

1 RED RED R

2 BLUE BLUE B

3 BLUE

4 RED

5 BLUE

after replacement

A B C

1 R RED R

2 B BLUE B

3 B

4 R

5 B

Thanks if there might be some ideas or help,

On-Line