-   -   Application error 1004 with a twist. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275042-application-error-1004-twist.html)

Darren Lord

Application error 1004 with a twist.

Hi,

Hope someone can help with this. Below is a macro that I've created using
ExcelXP. We send the spreadsheet to someone using Office 2000 and they
receive an application error 1004. Object or resource(this might be wrong)
defined error. We don't have any Office 2000 machines here and I can't
replicate the problem using XP.

(Where the 3 dots are (...) in the code is a replacement for a brandname
that I can't mention)

Sub ...()
'
' ... Macro
' Macro recorded 16/01/2003 by '

'
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("Hdg").Select
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="..."
Application.Goto Reference:="Claims"
Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("C7"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("D7")
_
, Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes, OrderCustom:=1,
MatchCase:=False _
, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom

' , DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, DataOption2:=xlSortNormal
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

The DataOption commands were originally included but have since been
commented out due to a known issue with it using Excel 2000.

Please let me know if you've got any ideas as I'm pretty stumped.

Cheers, Darren.

patrick molloy

Application error 1004 with a twist.

You're sending the entire workbook but with the filter on?
why send all te data. If you run the filter, just copy
the filtered data to a new sheet & send that instead.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

.