-   -   Changing Save As Type in Save as dialog box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/275041-changing-save-type-save-dialog-box.html)

Phill

Changing Save As Type in Save as dialog box

Hello

I was hoping anyone would be able to help me with this
situation

I require code that when it is ran the Save as Dialog Box
opens with a preset filename and the Save Type is Excel
Workbook. The problem i'm having is i have linked this
workbook to a product called GoldMine, and in order for
that to work the workbook must be saved as a template.
However when running the Save as dialog box it stays as a
template so when the user will save this, it will be a
template not a workbook. Can anyone help with this

I currently am using the code

InvoiceNumber = Worksheets("main").Range("j12").Value
Filename = "Invoice " & InvoiceNumber
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show (Filename)

So i can get the filename to pull through, i just cant, or
dont know how to change the file type

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Phill

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Changing Save As Type in Save as dialog box

Phil,

If you create a new workbook based upon the template rather than opening the
template, the SaveAs will default to a normal Excel workbook.

You can add it in VBA with code like

Workbooks.Add Template:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\Book.xlt"

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phill" wrote in message
[...]

patrick molloy

Changing Save As Type in Save as dialog box

Dim fn As String

InvoiceNumber = Worksheets("main").Range("j12").Value

MyFilename = "Invoice " & InvoiceNumber

fn = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(MyFileName, _
"Excel (*.xls),*.xls", , "Select File Name")
If fn = "False" Then Exit Sub
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs fn, xlWorkbookNormal

I changed FileName to MyFileName - I generally avoid
using key words as variable names.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

.