Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with TAB key and Textbox controls

Has anyone else had this sort of error?

I have built a userform that collects info in textboxes
and then draws a chart. It works - usually.

Intermittently (though repeatable - first instance of form
only?), if the user navigates with the TAB key it actually
puts a TAB character into the control. The control was
setup with TabKeyBehavior = False and I have even put this
explicitly into the iniatlisation code. Infact on debug
even when the control is accepting TAB characters the
behavior is correctly set false so it is a bug of sorts??

Any ideas?

I am going to code around it by capturing and checking
value of control before manually moving focus to next
control but this is a basic function that goes to the
heart of using userforms.

Cheers
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, Paul

I've also had the same problem however it was only periodic and I never did
find a solution.

Regards, Rocky McKinley

"Paul M" wrote in message
Has anyone else had this sort of error?

I have built a userform that collects info in textboxes
and then draws a chart. It works - usually.

Intermittently (though repeatable - first instance of form
only?), if the user navigates with the TAB key it actually
puts a TAB character into the control. The control was
setup with TabKeyBehavior = False and I have even put this
explicitly into the iniatlisation code. Infact on debug
even when the control is accepting TAB characters the
behavior is correctly set false so it is a bug of sorts??

Any ideas?

I am going to code around it by capturing and checking
value of control before manually moving focus to next
control but this is a basic function that goes to the
heart of using userforms.

Cheers
Paul

Junior Member

I also had the exact same problem. And I couldn't find the cause. But I managed to fix that by hiding and showing the form at the end of the sub of the button_click. It happens quickly, so the user can't notice that. But I still don't know the real solution for that.

This is what I did

UserForm.Hide
UserForm.Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky McKinley View Post