Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default LEFT Function in Macro

If I have a specific cell say on Sheet1!B8 that I want to
go to and use the left function on, in VB coding how do I
do this?

What I have is the user picks a Vendor number - Name item
from ComboBox3 and it inserts into cell Sheet1!B8 but then
once inserted I want to remove the text leaving only the
numbers.
Eg. In List: 1000 - Company Name
Result desired: 1000

It is always 4 digits, a space, a dash, a space, then a
name, so the length is always 4.

So I had the macro go to the cell via:

Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range
("B8")

Which goes correctly and selects the cell, but how to I
then say - with the current contents remove all but the 4
left most characters?

Sorry, I am new at VB.

Thanks!

SHauna