-   -   SendMail error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274825-sendmail-error.html)

NeillA

SendMail error

I've got an Excel worksheet with the following VB code

Sub Button1_Click()
ThisWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"Timesheet"

MsgBox "Thank you, Your timesheet has been sent",
0, "Item Sent"

End Sub

When I click the submit button I get the following error

Run-time error '1004':
Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook' failed

I've looked on the MS Knowledge Base, and tried the
example code in Article 241421, and that came back
saying 'no mail client'.

I am running WinXP, Excel 2002, and Outlook 2002, if in
Excel I do file-send to it succesfully opens outlook, so
it must be seeing it as my default mail client.

Can anyone help with this, and give me some pointers?

Ron de Bruin

SendMail error

Try this

XL2002: "Send To Routing Recipient" Command Does Nothing

Post back please with the result

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"NeillA" wrote in message ...
I've got an Excel worksheet with the following VB code

Sub Button1_Click()
ThisWorkbook.SendMail ", _
"Timesheet"

MsgBox "Thank you, Your timesheet has been sent",
0, "Item Sent"

End Sub

When I click the submit button I get the following error

Run-time error '1004':
Method 'SendMail' of object '_Workbook' failed

I've looked on the MS Knowledge Base, and tried the
example code in Article 241421, and that came back
saying 'no mail client'.

I am running WinXP, Excel 2002, and Outlook 2002, if in
Excel I do file-send to it succesfully opens outlook, so
it must be seeing it as my default mail client.

Can anyone help with this, and give me some pointers?

NeillA

SendMail error

Thanks, just tried it, and the sendmail now works. I now
just need to work out why outlook is just leaving the
email in the outbox, and not sending it.

XL2002: "Send To Routing Recipient" Command Does Nothing

us;296396

.