-   -   importing data using a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274815-importing-data-using-macro.html)

Jo[_5_]

importing data using a macro

hi
i wish to import 300 fields of data into a spreadsheet
from a text file, but since spreadsheets are only 250
fields wide. i was wondering if there was anyway of
writing a macro that could import the data vertically, so
its all in one column or transpose it during
importation. the cut and paste method is possible but i
have 200 of these text files to import into this
spreasheet and don't think this method would be best.
thank you time and any effort that you spend on this
matter its been much appreciated
Jo

Jim Rech

importing data using a macro

You might want to have a look at this MS Knowledgebase article which
contains a macro for dealing with text files with more than 256 columns (up
to 510). I haven't actually used this macro so I cannot vouch for it<g:

Jim Rech
Excel MVP