-   -   Get rid of this file contains macros box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274776-re-get-rid-file-contains-macros-box.html)

Ken Wright

Get rid of this file contains macros box

You need to delete any empty modules that housed those macros.

Hit ALT+F11 and this will open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
Top left you will hopefully see an explorer style pane. Within this pane you need to search for
your workbook's name, and when you find it you may need to click on the + to expand it. Within
that you should see the following:-

VBAProject(Your_Filename)
Microsoft Excel Objects
Sheet1(Sheet1)
Sheet2(Sheet2)
Sheet3(Sheet3)
ThisWorkbook
Modules
Module1
Module2
etc etc (You may have just 1 of these)

If you have named your sheets then those names will appear in the brackets above as opposed to
what you see at the moment in my note.

Right click on the modules and select remove. When prompted with a question re exporting, just
hit no. Then hit File / Close and return to Microsoft Excel and save the file.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP

Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"Ellen" wrote in message ...
I attempted to write some macros on a particular file. I
wound up deleting all the macros, but each time I open the
file I get the "this file contains macros" with the
buttons to enable or disable the macros. Is there a way to
get rid of this unnecessary box?

Thanks,
Ellen

Ellen

Get rid of this file contains macros box

Hey, Ken. It worked like a champ!

[...]

Ken....................... Microsoft MVP -

Excel
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP

------------------

"Ellen" wrote in message

I attempted to write some macros on a particular file.

wound up deleting all the macros, but each time I open

the
file I get the "this file contains macros" with the
buttons to enable or disable the macros. Is there a way

get rid of this unnecessary box?

Thanks,
Ellen

.

Ken Wright

Get rid of this file contains macros box

Glad you got sorted, and appreciate the feedback.