-   -   Strange variable declarations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274723-strange-variable-declarations.html)

Steven Revell

Strange variable declarations

Hi All,

I have come across the following variable declarations in
a program i have inherited. I was wondering what the $
sign is there for.

Dim Row$
Dim EVT$
Dim Paste$
Dim Results$

Values can be assigned as normal and my first though is
that it changes the values to text strings automatically.
I just though i'd ask and see if this was the case.

Cheers,
Steven

pancho[_14_]

Strange variable declarations

It is known as "type-declaration character" and is same as
declaring the variable with the following types:
$ String
@ Currency
# Double
% Integer