-   -   Addin in read-only mode problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274708-addin-read-only-mode-problem.html)

Stuart[_5_]

Addin in read-only mode problem

I'm working on a user's machine (98 and xl2000) trying
to make changes to an addin's code.

I made some minor changes then saved the addin via
File/Save in the VBE.

When I later went to save after making further changes
I was presented with:

'MasterVlnBofQ.xla' is read only. To Save a copy,
click Ok, then give the Workbook a new name in the
Save As dialog box

I just want to save the altered addin. How do I do this,
please.

Regards.

---

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Addin in read-only mode problem

Is there a chance that the file is actually marked ReadOnly?

If no, is there a chance that you have two instances of excel open (with that
addin open in each instance). The second one will be readonly.

Anyone else got the file open at the same time?