-   -   Excel Range to Access Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274680-excel-range-access-table.html)

Tokash

Excel Range to Access Table

Hullo,

I'm wondering if someone could enlighten a newcomer to
VB. In Excel VB, I would like to do the equivalent of
copying a range of cells (say, "A1:D10") and creating that
range as a table in an Access database. It can be done
easily by having both applications open and manually doing
the copy and pasting, so I'm sure there's a way to do it
in code.

Any advice appreciated.

Tokash

Andy Wiggins[_2_]

Excel Range to Access Table

This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It
includes examples of using variables in SQL queries.
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html

Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to:

* create a database,
* create a table and add data to it,
* select data from a table,
* delete a table,
* delete a database.

You can also download the demonstration file called "excelsql.zip".

The code is open and commented.

--

Regards
Andy Wiggins