-   -   Keyboard shortcut to insert a checkmark (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274534-re-keyboard-shortcut-insert-checkmark.html)

keepITcool

Keyboard shortcut to insert a checkmark

tom,

if you take a SquareRoot Sign (unicode 221a) instead of wingding
it would work in normal font.

keepITcool

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

I did that with Wingdings 2 and it just put a P in the cell unless it
was formatted as Wingdings 2. Would seem easier to type the P
directly. Did you get different results? From what I tell,
autocorrect does an equivalency for ascii code, but what the results
looks like is based on the font selected for the cell.

xl2000

Tom Ogilvy

"keepitcool" wrote in message
it may not be a direct solution but it'll probably work:

select the symbol you want either via Insert symbol of externally via
charmap.exe

copy it the clipboard. (not the cell.. the symbol only.

now in excel:

Tools/Autocorrect

enter in replace box.
"vv" (or something you'll never use for other things)

goto the With box
and paste the symbol into there (ctrl-V)

now type vv in your sheet and you'll get your checkmark.

keepITcool

"Paula" wrote:

Can someone please tell me the keyboard shortcut to enter
a checkmark in a cell? Thanks much!

Tom Ogilvy

Keyboard shortcut to insert a checkmark

In an NT based system yes - because that does a code exchange. So I guess
your results were not different.