-   -   Errors when copying a sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274523-errors-when-copying-sheet.html)

Keith[_4_]

Errors when copying a sheet

I have a macro that copies a sheet and renames it.
However, when it is copying, I get the following error:

A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the
name '\a' which already exists on the destination
worksheet.

I also get another one with a different name.

I cannot find this named ranged or anything that is
associated with it. I am using Excel 2002 and have
Hyperion Essbase installed.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Tom Ogilvy

Errors when copying a sheet

Names can be hidden.

\a looks like the way one used to mark lotus 1-2-3 macros which were
entered in a worksheet.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Dan E" wrote in message
Keith,

How did you look for the named range?
Try "Insert" - "Name" - "Define"
It should have a list of all the named ranges.

Dan E

"Keith" wrote in message

I have a macro that copies a sheet and renames it.
However, when it is copying, I get the following error:

A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the
name '\a' which already exists on the destination
worksheet.

I also get another one with a different name.

I cannot find this named ranged or anything that is
associated with it. I am using Excel 2002 and have
Hyperion Essbase installed.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Keith[_4_]

Errors when copying a sheet

I looked in the Insert - Name - Define. I could not find
it.

Tom, how would I find \a or the other name is wrn.weekly?
Is there a way to turn off the error message and
automatically select Yes for each error?

Thanks,

Keith

"Keith" wrote in message

I have a macro that copies a sheet and renames it.
However, when it is copying, I get the following

error:

A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains

the
name '\a' which already exists on the destination
worksheet.

I also get another one with a different name.

I cannot find this named ranged or anything that is
associated with it. I am using Excel 2002 and have
Hyperion Essbase installed.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

.

Tom Ogilvy

Errors when copying a sheet

You can try

application.DisplayAlerts = False
Activesheet.Copy Destination:= . . . destination . . .
Applicaiton.DisplayAlerts = True

to see what names are in the sheet, make the sheet the active sheet and run
this macro

for each nm in ActiveWorkbook.Names
msgbox nm.name & ", " & nm.Refersto
Next

You can also use this to try to delete the names

for each nm in ActiveWorkbook.Names
' msgbox nm.name & ", " & nm.Refersto
nm.Delete
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Keith" wrote in message

I have a macro that copies a sheet and renames it.
However, when it is copying, I get the following

error:

A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains

the
name '\a' which already exists on the destination
worksheet.

I also get another one with a different name.

I cannot find this named ranged or anything that is
associated with it. I am using Excel 2002 and have
Hyperion Essbase installed.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Errors when copying a sheet

See one more suggestion at your other post.

--

Dave Peterson