-   -   Calulating the last sayurday of a week using vba (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274503-calulating-last-sayurday-week-using-vba.html)

ibeetb

Calulating the last sayurday of a week using vba

I am trying to write a formula, using vba to give me the date of the last
saturday from 'Today's date'. For example, if today is Monday, what is the
date of last saturday....

Any ideas?

Pete McCosh[_5_]

Calulating the last sayurday of a week using vba

Assume the date you're using as the start point is stored
in variable x, then:

y = x - (weekday(x) + 1)

will give you last Saturday's date in y, assuming you
haven't changed the FirstDayofWeek constant from Sunday.

Cheers, Pete

I am trying to write a formula, using vba to give me the

date of the last
saturday from 'Today's date'. For example, if today is

Monday, what is the
date of last saturday....

Any ideas?

.

Myrna Larson[_2_]

Calulating the last sayurday of a week using vba

Hi, Pete:

Your code as written gives ME the previous Friday, not Saturday. You don't want to add 1 here.
i.e. it should be just

y = x - Weekday(x)

Myrna Larson