-   -   Create an .xls file by script (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274450-create-xls-file-script.html)

Mark Powell

Create an .xls file by script

I am writing a parsing application (in a non-MS SDE) and
at one point in the flow I want to create an Excel file to
hold tabulated data. It is easy to create the file and
have it open with data properly delimited, but all columns
are the same default width, the text font is not what I
want, etc. Is there an API that allows me to create Excel
files on the fly that have specfic widths and that use
specific fonts. Or maybe control the cell coloring, etc.

Where do I find out how to do such things?

Mark