-   -   Counter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274431-counter.html)

Larry Hau

Counter

We are developing a form to be posted on our intranet.
Users will be able to open the form, complete it on-line,
and save it to their own computers. They will not be able
to save the form to the intranet.

Is there a way to number the forms so that each one will
have a unique number? One idea I had was to install a web
counter and copy that number onto the form whenever it is
saved. Is there a way to do this? Or does anyone have
any other suggestions? Thanks.

Chris Leonard

Counter

We are developing a form to be posted on our intranet.
Users will be able to open the form, complete it on-line,
and save it to their own computers. They will not be able
to save the form to the intranet.

Is there a way to number the forms so that each one will
have a unique number? One idea I had was to install a web
counter and copy that number onto the form whenever it is
saved. Is there a way to do this? Or does anyone have
any other suggestions? Thanks.

A bit off topic and maybe not relevant to you but if you are using ASP try
this method for generating a unique number every time.

'Pick a unique string as the ID
guid = server.createobject("scriptlet.typelib").guid
newID = Left( guid, Len( guid ) - 2 )

Sorry if it's no use ....