-   -   Migrate a Excel Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274327-migrate-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Capinvest[_2_]

Migrate a Excel Spreadsheet

Hello,

Is there any way to migrate an Excel spreadsheet to a
standalone product? In other words, is there a way to
operate a excel spreadsheet without the Excel program. If
so what would be the basic steps, ie purchase from a third
party, c++ programming? I appreciate any help with this
matter. Thanks.

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Migrate a Excel Spreadsheet

Cap,

If you migrate it to a standalone, it ceases to be Excel, and you lose the
Excel functionality. So anything Excel does, such as worksheet formulae, you
need to build. Seems wasteful to me.

If however you mean can you control Excel from another product, the answer
is yes, via automation. It takes a fair amount of code, but it is possible.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Capinvest" wrote in message
Hello,

Is there any way to migrate an Excel spreadsheet to a
standalone product? In other words, is there a way to
operate a excel spreadsheet without the Excel program. If
so what would be the basic steps, ie purchase from a third
party, c++ programming? I appreciate any help with this
matter. Thanks.

Capinvest

Migrate a Excel Spreadsheet

Thanks for your help.