-   -   Memory/Font problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274212-memory-font-problem.html)

No Name

Memory/Font problem

Greetings, all!

I hope this is not off-topic for this group but I have an annoying problem
that apparently has to do with memory in my workbook. I am using Excel 2002
SP-1. I have a workbook that consists of 7 worksheets and is only 589 KB but
I have a large number of charts. When the number of charts started to
increase I started to get the error message, "No more new fonts may be
applied to this workbook" even though I was not adding any new fonts. Now I
cannot even click on a pull-down without getting this error message. I can
enter data and that's about all. I don't want to break up this workbook
because it needs to be distributed. What is causing this and what can I do
about it?

Thanks for advice.

Steve H

steve

Memory/Font problem

Steve,

A lot depends on how you are adding the charts and working with them.

Are you using code with the charts?
If so - you may see a line
Selection.TickLabels.AutoScaleFont = True
(or something similar). If you have this - change it to False.
The AutoScaleFont is a memory killer.

You may have to rebuild to get it back to "normal".

steve