-   -   Cut a column in one line of VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/274147-re-cut-column-one-line-vba.html)

Myrna Larson[_2_]

Cut a column in one line of VBA

I don't think so. I just moved column B to column A. The recorder gave me this.

Columns("B:B").Select
Selection.Cut
Columns("A:A").Select
Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight

That can be reduced to

Columns("B:B").Cut
Columns("A:A").Insert

but not to a single line.

You can only get it down to a single line if it it's a "regular" paste rather than an
insert-paste.

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:01:09 -0700, "PK" wrote:

Hello,

I can move a column in VBA, but the macro recorder does it
in four lines of code. To be more efficient, I'm sure it
can be accomplished in a single VBA code line.

PLEASE NOTE: I want to CUT two adjoining columns (e.g. B:C)
and MOVE them by INSERTING them into a new location (e.g.
O:P). When all is said and done, the original
columns "B:C" will be gone (i.e. the spreadsheet will have
shifted to the left to absorb the empty columns created by
cutting columns "B:C" out), and columns "O:P" will now
contain the cut data and the original data in "O" will
still be there, only shifted to the right. Can this be
accomplished in a single VBA line?

Your example code is most appreciated. Thanks in advance.