-   -   Cycle through all the available Fonts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273959-cycle-through-all-available-fonts.html)

Scott Riddle

Cycle through all the available Fonts

I would like to be able to take a list of the same phrase and assign a
different font to each line. I am trying to see what the text would
look like with each font. My problem is I do not know how to refer to
each font other than by name. It cant just use selection.font.name=1
and so on. Is there some way to refer to a font other than by name?

Thanks
Scott

Sub font()
I = 1
For Each cell In Selection
cell.font.Name = I
Cells(cell.Row, cell.Column + 1) = cell.font.Name
I = I + 1
Next cell

End Sub

Chip Pearson

Cycle through all the available Fonts

Scott,

Try something like

Dim CBX As Office.CommandBarComboBox
Dim Ndx As Long
Set CBX = Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1728)
For Ndx = 1 To CBX.ListCount
Cells(Ndx, 1).Value = CBX.List(Ndx)
Cells(Ndx, 2).Value = CBX.List(Ndx)
Cells(Ndx, 2).Font.Name = CBX.List(Ndx)
Next Ndx

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Scott Riddle" wrote in message
om...
I would like to be able to take a list of the same phrase and

assign a
different font to each line. I am trying to see what the text

would
look like with each font. My problem is I do not know how to

refer to
each font other than by name. It cant just use

selection.font.name=1
and so on. Is there some way to refer to a font other than by

name?

Thanks
Scott

Sub font()
I = 1
For Each cell In Selection
cell.font.Name = I
Cells(cell.Row, cell.Column + 1) = cell.font.Name
I = I + 1
Next cell

End Sub

Wild Bill[_2_]

Cycle through all the available Fonts

I am Y.A. in awe - the crowd chants "Chip! Chip!"