-   -   Cell Protected Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273948-cell-protected-error.html)

Philip[_3_]

Cell Protected Error

I have a Workbook provided by my vendor that has drop-down
boxes for selecting options embedded into cells. Most of
them work on my workstation (W2K-Pro, Excel2002), but some
of them return a "The cell or chart you are trying to
change is protected and therefore read-only." error.
However, this same file works flawlessly on other
workstations.

I have reinstalled OfficeXP but the errors keep happening.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Philip

Tom Ogilvy

Cell Protected Error

Tell your vendor to test out their code in Excel 2002.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy