-   -   Copy range between workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273351-copy-range-between-workbooks.html)

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Copy range between workbooks

Dave, You have to open it to copy to it.

dim oWb As Workbook

Set oWb = Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\Dave Newman\My
Documents\Admin\Test mule.xls")
Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy. _
oWb.Sheets(1).Range ("A6")
(not tested)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave Newman" wrote in message
.. .
Seems simple, but I can't seem to make it work. I'm trying to copy
CurrentRegion from one active sheet to a closed workbook.

Should I do it this way, or should I open the workbook, , then copy the
range (and how do I do _that_)?

f = "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave Newman\My Documents\Admin\Test

mule.xls"
Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy. _
Workbook(f).Sheets(1).Range ("A6")

Someone please help a newbie!

Dave

Dave Newman[_2_]

Copy range between workbooks

Seems simple, but I can't seem to make it work. I'm trying to copy
CurrentRegion from one active sheet to a closed workbook.

Should I do it this way, or should I open the workbook, , then copy the
range (and how do I do _that_)?

f = "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave Newman\My Documents\Admin\Test mule.xls"
Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Copy. _
Workbook(f).Sheets(1).Range ("A6")

Someone please help a newbie!

Dave

Don Guillett[_4_]

Copy range between workbooks

VERY difficult to copy TO a closed wb. Try recording a macro of:
opening wb
do your thing
close workbook save changes=false

--