Bob

"steve" wrote in message
Check this out...
http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/fr...est/index.html

steve

[email protected]

Navagate Rows From MS Access

Hello List,
I need to open a sheet and move down the first column till i find a
cell with no value. Then make that cell sum the column above it.
i tried to do this with a macro from Excel so i could see how the code
was created and failed badly.
Any ideas?

Bob

Bob Phillips[_5_]

Navagate Rows From MS Access

Dim cRows As Long

cRows = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row
Cells(cRows+1,"A").FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R1C1:R[-1]C1)"

This is for column A, change the "A" and C1 if a different column required.

Why did you tag to an existing thread, you are likley to get missed this
way?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message ...
Hello List,
I need to open a sheet and move down the first column till i find a
cell with no value. Then make that cell sum the column above it.
i tried to do this with a macro from Excel so i could see how the code
was created and failed badly.
Any ideas?

Bob

[email protected]

Navagate Rows From MS Access

Thanks for responding.
I did not use an existing thread "Navagate Rows From MS Access" . I
composed the subject my self. Not sure how i tagged?

Since i am an Access guy i will have to figure out where "Cells" fits
in the Excel object model. And assign the proper object.

cRows = Cells(Rows.Count,"A") ' seems pretty straight forward.
Not sure about .End(xlUp).Row
I will study and test.

Thanks again!

Bob

wrote in message ...
Hello List,
I need to open a sheet and move down the first column till i find a
cell with no value. Then make that cell sum the column above it.
i tried to do this with a macro from Excel so i could see how the code
was created and failed badly.
Any ideas?

Bob

Jon Peltier[_3_]

A pun on Google

Get the Proxomitron:

http://www.spamblocked.com/proxomitron/

It blocks out pop ups, ads, everything. It is highly configurable, and
it's free of charge.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

steve bell wrote:
Yep, those pop-ups are a pain.

Some day I'll invest in something that will kill them!

steve

steve bell

A pun on Google

Jon,

Thanks for the site. (have to wait until I get home, they don't let me
download at work).

steve