Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Downloading drawings from a list in excel

Here's a problem, i'm not sure Excel can perform, but if
anyone can, you guys can ;-)

We run a Technical Documentations department, and
currently access a list of engineering drawings from our
servers. All these drawings are in Tiff format, however
the only way to access them, is through a web search, then
a web download. It can be a bit slow.

I would like to be able to put these drawings onto a local
drive to speed things up (there's about 1000 of them)

I know the file path and the file names of all 1000 Tiffs,
in fact I have all the names in a column in an excel file.

Is there a way of excel, I'm guessing in a Macro, moving
down these file addresses and saving the tiff locally ? Or
sending a 'download this file' command to explorer ?

If Excel can't do it, does anyone know of anything else ?

Thanks
Gary