-   -   Can a macro be suspended during user input? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/273252-can-macro-suspended-during-user-input.html)

David DeArmond

Can a macro be suspended during user input?

Can an Excel 97 subroutine be suspended while the user edits a cell?

My code would work like this:

Set MyRange = [5 adjacent cells]
For Each Cell in MyRange
Insert a default value
Place Excel into EDIT mode
Select the entire cell contents 'For deletion/editing.
Wait for the User to:
Accept the default [OR] modify and accept it.
End Wait
Next Cell

I cannot figure this one out. Sendkeys executes last in subroutine and
thus is unacceptable.

I prefer not to use UserForms or InputBoxes.

David DeArmond

Tom Ogilvy

Can a macro be suspended during user input?

No.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

David DeArmond wrote in message
Can an Excel 97 subroutine be suspended while the user edits a cell?

My code would work like this:

Set MyRange = [5 adjacent cells]
For Each Cell in MyRange
Insert a default value
Place Excel into EDIT mode
Select the entire cell contents 'For deletion/editing.
Wait for the User to:
Accept the default [OR] modify and accept it.
End Wait
Next Cell

I cannot figure this one out. Sendkeys executes last in subroutine and
thus is unacceptable.

I prefer not to use UserForms or InputBoxes.

David DeArmond

David DeArmond

Can a macro be suspended during user input?

Thanks, Tom.

I appreciate your [to the point] answers and your time.

If I may ask, what would you do, in this case?

My outlook is to userforms with placement and size to match the user's
screen resolution and ActiveCell.Top, ActiveCell.Left.

Do you agree?

Thanks,
David D.